Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lovell Glendower Smith

Thanks to S in the Uk, as he discovered that Lovell GlendowerTresham was born Lovell Glendower Smith. A a consequence I now have his birth Certificate and no surprise but his dad was not listed at all. This proves my theory that he was illigitimate.

So as far as I can see it flows:

Thomas and Elizabeth Goode have a number of children inc Rhoda Minnie Goode (though it may still be that Rachel is the mother as there is a conflicting record) gives birth to Olive Goode (my Great Granny) who then has Lovell Glendower Smith 1906 (to an unknown father), Maud Olive Millard 1920 (to an unknown father) Patricia Marcia Millard 1926 aprox to Joseph Caldwell (I've confirmed with my grandmother that he was a Captain in the Royal Lancers) and they took off to Canada (he deserted his wife and daughters to do so).

No comments:

Post a Comment