Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gedcom File

Heres the gedcom file with the family history for Olive Elizabeth Smith (thats Great Granny to most of us but Mum to Granny sic).

I'll be updating the file regularly as I am doing a lot of work on it. Some of the older family members are not verified but all of the earlier ones are (via birth certificate, census or other documents; most of which I have copies of or reference numbers for ordering if you want to see them). Download Gedcom file by right clicking and saving.

Gedcom files are a standard geneology format. To read them you will need a program like RootsMagic http://www.rootsmagic.com/ which is the best ap I found and I bought one other (family tree maker 2009 which was very dissapointing) and looked at a dozen programs quite throughly. Downlad rootsmaker and install it. Not sure if it will read such a large file in trial mode but it might.

No comments:

Post a Comment